Hong Kong ePrix – With Season 3 of the all electric championship kicking off in Hong Kong this weekend, read up on all the latest stats and facts, courtesy of FIAFormulaE.com.
This will be the first-ever race held on the Hong Kong central harbourfront circuit, so a new lap record and race record will be set during the weekend.
It’s also the first time a single-header Formula E race has taken place on a Sunday.
- Five new drivers – Adam Carroll, Maro Engel, Mitch Evans, Jose Maria Lopez and Felix Rosenqvist – will make their Formula E debut.
- The five new drivers will take the total number of drivers to have raced in Formula E to 47.
- Of those 47, nine have taken part in every Formula E race so far – Daniel Abt, Sam Bird, Sebastien Buemi, Jerome D’Ambrosio, Lucas di Grassi, Nelson Piquet Jr, Nico Prost, Stephane Sarrazin and Bruno Senna. Of these nine, only Senna will not to his tally in Hong Kong.
- The HKT Hong Kong ePrix will be the first race for Panasonic Jaguar Racing and TECHEETAH.
- Jean-Eric Vergne will become the first driver to race for three different Formula E teams when he takes the start for TECHEETAH. He previously raced for Andretti and DS Virgin Racing.
- Renault e.dams is the only team to have scored points in every single Formula E race. Abt Schaeffler Audi Sport, DS Virgin and Venturi scored points in every race in season two, but had races in season one where they failed to trouble the scorers.
- Sebastien Buemi is on a 16-race streak of scoring points in races that dates back to Long Beach in season one. Stephane Sarrazin is on a 12-race point-scoring streak that started in London in season one.
- With back-to-back victories in London at the end of season two, Nico Prost has the possibility to be the first Formula E driver to score a hat-trick of wins.