Rome, Santiago and Sao Paulo are the newest additions to the Formula E calendar for Season Four, revealed at Monday’s World Motor Sport Council meeting.
The calendar also features three double headers; in New York and the Montreal finale as in Season Three, but also at the opening round in Hong Kong.
Formula E has also answered one of its biggest criticisms regarding its calendar, with a much more compact schedule running from December to July. The longest gap between races is six weeks between the opening round and Marrakesh, but after that races will consistently be 3-4 weeks apart.
A TBA remains on the tenth round of the calendar, which has a spot for June 9. It is unclear what race this will be, but could be the return of the London ePrix at a new venue after the series moved away from Battersea Park for Season Three.
The venue for the Berlin ePrix is yet to be confirmed, after a to-and-fro between Tempelhof and the Karl Marx Allee recently, but a new track in Munich is expected to be announced.
Pre-season testing is due to take place at Valencia as teams plan to move away from the Donington Park “village” base at the end of the three-year deal which obliged all ten teams to base themselves at the circuit.
Formula E Seaon Four calendar
- December 2 2017 – Hong Kong, China
- December 3 2017 – Hong Kong, China
- January 13 2018 – Marrakesh, Morocco
- February 3 2018 – Santiago, Chile
- March 3 2018 – Mexico City, Mexico
- March 17 2018 – Sao Paulo, Brazil
- April 14 2018 – Rome, Italy
- April 28 2018 – Paris, France
- May 19 2018 – TBA, Germany
- June 9 2018 – TBA
- July 7 2018 – New York City, USA
- July 8 2018 – New York City, USA
- July 28 2018 – Montreal, Canada
- July 29 2018 – Montreal, Canada