Formula E has announced its race calendar for the 2018/19 season, which features a second race in China in addition to the current Hong Kong event.
As was announced prior to the Berlin round of the championship, the season opener will take place in Ad Diriyah, Saudi Arabia on December 15. The first weekend of racing will no longer be a double header event as it was this season.
A four-week break will split it from the second round which remains in Marrakesh.
An unconfirmed slot on January 26 is expected to be the Santiago round, which hosted its first Formula E event this year. It was met with opposition from the locals, and a new venue is being looked at although it is expected to remain in the city.
The Hong Kong round has been moved from its season opening December date to March 10, with a second China race taking place on March 23.
Rome, Paris, Berlin and Zurich remain the features European rounds of the championship, with Monaco returning on its bi-annual basis. It is yet to be confirmed if the full Grand Prix circuit or the short version will be used for the race.
These races will make up a mini-championship called the Voestalpine European Series.
The season will once again come to a close with a double header in New York, on July 13 and 14. It will use an altered layout to accommodate the Gen2 machinery, which makes its debut in the 2018/19 season.
A British round was mooted for a return in the form of a Birmingham E-Prix, using parts of the old Super Prix circuit. However, it is understood that no such discussions have taken place with Formula E.
Formula E 2018/19 calendar
- Ad Diriyah, Saudi Arabia – December 15, 2018
- Marrakesh, Morocco – January 12, 2019
- TBA, TBA – January 26, 2019
- Mexico City, Mexico – February 16, 2019
- Hong Kong, China – March 10, 2019
- TBA, China – March 23, 2019
- Rome, Italy – April 13, 2019
- Paris, France – April 27, 2019
- Monaco, Monaco – May 11, 2019
- Berlin, Germany – May 25, 2019
- Zurich, Switzerland – June 9, 2019
- New York, USA – July 13, 2019
- New York, USA – July 14, 2019